Last updated December 20, 2020
What does GDPR stand for?
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) and at its most basic, it specifies how personal data should be lawfully processed (including how it’s collected, used, protected or interacted with in general).
It’s intended to strengthen data protection for all people whose personal information fall within its scope of application, putting personal data control back into their hands.
What exactly does “Personal Data” comprise of?
Personal data within the context of the GDPR refers to any data that relates to an identified or identifiable living person. This includes pieces of information that, when collected together, can lead to the identification of a person.
This applies even to data that has been pseudonymized or encrypted as long as the encryption/anonymization is reversible. In terms of meeting data protection obligations under the regulation, it means that decryption keys will need to be kept separately from the pseudonymized data.
Examples of personal data include (but are not limited to) basic identity data such as names, health, genetic & biometric data, web data such as IP addresses, personal email addresses, political opinions, and sexual orientation data.
Hence, to avoid future discrepancies. iFoodie is making an effort to comply with GDPR.
iFoodie will (IN FUTURE) offers services in EU. GDRP says, “A company that offers goods or services in the EU (whether or not you charge for them) must comply with the GDPR. In short, if you want EU customers, you'll have to comply with the GDPR.”
GDPR 99 ARTICLES:
iFoodie complies with all 99 articles under GDPR. The 99 Articles are listed on this website. To
save the time and effort of the reader. iFoodie is using a HYPERLINK. To read all 99 ARTICLES. Please click HERE.
- Information You Provide to Us.
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail, and password when you create an account to log in to our Service (“Account“).
- We retain information on your behalf, such as saved places that you store using your Account and messages sent to or from other users. Unless the Service makes it clear otherwise, all content is public or may be made public in the future.
- When you post content such as saved places, messages, ratings, reviews, likes, and thank you notes (“Merchant Reviews“) in connection with a merchant on our Service (“Merchant“) (if and when such services are made available), we collect that information. The information contained in your Merchant Reviews will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it. Merchant Reviews are public or may be made public in the future unless the Service makes it clear they will be kept private.
- When you provide added or updated information about a Merchant on our Service, we collect this information. This information is public.
- The following profile information is public: your name, profile picture (that you directly uploaded or that we obtain from your third party social networking account connected with your Account), your followers, your followings, and your Merchant Reviews.
- You may interact with other users in various ways through the Service, including following a user, liking their reviews, and requesting that they review a Merchant. We will collect that information about such activities and that user may be notified of the activities.
- The application allows you to add to your Account users who already have an Account with us and invite third parties who do not have an Account with us. If you voluntarily provide access to your address book or contacts on the device on which you downloaded our application (your “Device“) or through your account with third party social networking sites (as described below) or otherwise provide a third party’s information, we may collect such information (e.g., the names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses in your address book and contacts). If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we may use such information to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- We also collect other types of data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, type of Device or browser, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Service.
- We may also collect data at other points of our Service at which it is stated that we are collecting data or at which you have the opportunity to provide data.
Information Collected via Technology.
- To make our Service more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you. For example, on our web site the information may include your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, a date/time stamp for your visit, type of browser, and other information. As a further example, on our application the information may include your Device’s GPS location, a per-application-installation id number, operating system version, analytic information about what screens in the app you access, and other information.
- We may use web beacons in HTML-based e-mails to track which e-mails are opened by you.
- To improve our mobile app, when it encounters a problem it may automatically send information about how the problem occurred, such as a trace of what the app was doing, what information it was operating upon at the time the problem occurred, and diagnostic information about the Device it was running on such as the operating system version.
- Information Collected from Social Networking Sites.
- We may collect information about you from the third-party social networking service at times when you are not actively using or logged in to the Service. We are not responsible for any errors in information a social networking service provides to us. For example, if you remove a status update on a social networking service or set an access restriction on the status update, and the social networking service provides it to us regardless of it being removed or does not inform us of the access restriction, we cannot be responsible for the consequences of the error.
General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to
respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We
use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- to provide the Service;
- to improve and enhance the Service;
- to facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- add, correct, or update information about Merchants and Merchant Reviews in the system;
- provide the Service you request;
- personalize the Service for you, such as by personalizing ratings, search results, or how different screens or pages are ordered, organized, or what content is on them;
- personalize advertising on the Service;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Service;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- to make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
- to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Service and for other marketing purposes of iFoodie.
- Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that make the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Service and improve the Service. iFoodie reserves the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
- Social Networking Sites. We may share your Personal Data with social networking sites as described above.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Service; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the iFoodie. These third party service providers may use your Personal Data to provide the services requested by iFoodie.
Choices. We offer you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of
your Personal Data.
- We may periodically send you free newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of our Service. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
- Changes to Personal Data. You may change certain Personal Data in your account through the Service. You may request removal of your Personal Data by us, but please note that we may be required to keep this information (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your removal request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When you change information or we remove information, the version before the change or the information that was removed, respectively, will no longer appear in the active results that appear to users, but may remain in our archives. We may retain the information in our archives to prevent or detect fraud, to continue to improve and maintain the Service, and for similar purposes.
If you do not wish to permit changes in our use of your Personal Data, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes that you wish to deactivate your Account with us. If you do not do so, or if you continue to use our Service following notice of such changes that shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
iFoodie does not knowingly market to children under the age of 13, collect or solicit personally identifiable information from or about children under the age of 13. If we discover through normal operations we have inadvertently received any personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately from our records. If you believe iFoodie has any information from or about anyone under the age of 13, please contact us at the address listed above, and if such is the case, we will delete such information. Because we do not knowingly collect any personally indefinable information form children under the age of 13, we also do not knowingly distribute such information to third parties.