When you use iFoodie, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices.
This policy describes the information we collect, how it is used and shared, and your choices regarding this information. We recommend that you read this along with our Privacy Overview, which highlights key points about our privacy practices (including what information we collect, when we collect it, and how we use it).
Last Modified: October 25, 2019
Effective Date: October 25, 2019
Data Collections And Uses
This policy applies to users of iFoodie’s services anywhere in the world, including users of iFoodie’s apps, websites, features or other services.
This policy describes how iFoodie and its affiliates collect and use personal information to provide our services. This policy applies to all users of our apps, websites, features or other services anywhere in the world. This policy specifically applies to:
- Participating Eateries Worldwide
This policy also applies to those who provide information to iFoodiei n connection with an application to use our services, or whose information iFoodie otherwise receives in connection with its services (such as the contact information of individuals associated with iFoodie partners). All those subject to this policy are referred to as “users” for purposes of this policy.
The practices described in this policy are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we only engage in the practices described in this policy in a particular country or region if permitted under the laws of those places. Please contact us if you have questions on our practices in your country or region.
iFoodie provides services to users throughout the world. If you use our services in the United States, iFoodie LLC is the data controller for your information. If you use our services in the European Union or elsewhere, iFoodie LLC is still the data controller.
We process personal information inside and outside of the United States.
If you live in the United States, the data controller for the information you provide or that is collected by iFoodie or its affiliates is:
400 Express Street
O`Fallon, Missouri, 63368
If you live in the European Union or elsewhere, the data controller is:
400 Express Street
O`Fallon, Missouri, 63368
Questions, comments and complaints about iFoodie data practices can be submitted to iFoodie data protection office through here.
We process personal information inside and outside of the United States. iFoodie transfers information of users’ outside the United States on the basis of mechanisms approved under applicable laws.
For users in Argentina: The Public Information Access agency, in its role of Regulating Body of Law 25.326, is responsible to receive complaints and reports presented by any data subjects who believes their rights have been impacted by a violation to the local data protection regulation.
The Information We Collect
- Information that you provide to iFoodie, such as when you create your iFoodie account.
- Information created when you use our services, such as location, usage and device information.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of iFoodie:
- Information you provide
This may include:
- User profile: We collect information when you create or update your iFoodie account. This may include your Eatery name, email, and phone number.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, including through user surveys. In some countries, we may also receive demographic information about you from third parties.
- User content: We may collect information that you submit when you contact iFoodie customer support, provide ratings or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact iFoodie.
- Information created when you use our services
This may include:
- Location Information
1. Depending on the iFoodie services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
2. If you are an Eatery and have provided permission for the processing of location data, iFoodie collects location information when the iFoodie app is running in the foreground. In certain regions, iFoodie also collects this information when the iFoodie app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Usage information
We collect information about how you interact with our services. This includes information such as access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and third-party sites or services you were using before interacting with our services. In some cases, we collect this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar technologies that create and maintain unique identifiers. To learn more about these technologies, please see our Cookie Statement.
- Device Information
We may collect information about the devices you use to access our services, including the hardware models, device IP address, operating systems and versions, software, file names and versions, preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising identifiers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- Communications data
We enable users to communicate with each other and iFoodie through the iFoodie app, websites, and other services. For example, we enable participating eateries and customers, to call or text each other (in some countries, without disclosing their telephone numbers to each other).
- Information from other sources
These may include:
- User feedback, such as as ratings or compliments.
- Users providing your information in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting services for or on your behalf.
- Users or others providing information in connection with claims or disputes.
- Publicly available sources.
- Marketing service providers.
iFoodie may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession.
How We Use Your Information
iFoodie collects and uses information to enable reliable and convenient services. We also use the information we collect:
- To enhance the safety and security of our users and services
- For customer support
- For research and development
- To enable communications to or between users
- To provide promotions or contests
- In connection with legal proceedings
iFoodie does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for third party direct marketing purposes.
iFoodie uses the information it collects for purposes including:
- Providing services and features
iFoodie uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Enable features to personalize your iFoodie account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations.
- Perform internal operations necessary to provide our services, including to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and research, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
- Safety and security
We use your data to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our services and users. This includes, for example:
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This includes processing of such information, in certain countries, to identify practices or patterns that indicate fraud or risk of safety incidents. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases such incidents may lead to deactivation by means of an automated decision making process. Users in the EU have the right to object to this type of processing.
- Customer support
iFoodie uses the information we collect (including recordings of customer support calls after notice to you and with your consent) to assist you when you contact our customer support services, including to:
- Direct your questions to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
- Research and development
We may use the information we collect for testing, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products with our services.
- Communications among users
iFoodie uses the information we collect to enable communications between our users. For example, a customer may call an EATERY to confirm a reservation.
- Communications from iFoodie
iFoodie may use the information we collect to communicate with you about services, news, updates and events.
iFoodie may also use the information to promote and process contests and sweepstakes, fulfill any related awards, and serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as an iFoodie user. Users in the EU have the right to object to this type of processing.
- Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your use of iFoodie services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
Cookies And Third Party Technologies
- Authenticating users
- Remembering user preferences and settings
- Determining the popularity of content
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
Information Sharing And Disclosure
Some of iFoodie products, services and features require that we share information with other users or at your request. We may also share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries and business partners, for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes.
iFoodie may share the information we collect:
1. With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users — including through public forums such as social media, and certain features on our network. When you communicate with us through those channels, your communications may be viewable by the public.
2. With iFoodie service providers and business partners
iFoodiemay provide information to its vendors, consultants, marketing partners, research firms, and other service providers or business partners. Th
- Cloud storage providers.
- Marketing partners and marketing platform providers.
- Data analytics providers.
- Research partners, including those performing surveys or research projects in partnership with iFoodie or on iFoodie behalf.
- Vendors that assist iFoodieto enhance the safety and security of its apps.
- Consultants, lawyers, accountants and other professional service providers.
3. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
iFoodie may share your information if we believe it is required by applicable law, regulation, operating agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns.
This includes sharing your information with law enforcement officials, government authorities or other third parties as necessary to enforce our Terms of Service, user agreements, or other policies, to protect iFoodie rights or property or the rights, safety or property of others, or in the event of a claim or dispute relating to your use of our services.
- With your consent
iFoodie may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention And Deletion
iFoodie retains user profile and other information for as long as you maintain your iFoodie account.
Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Following such request, iFoodie deletes the information that it is not required to retain, and restricts access to or use of any information it is required to retain.
iFoodie requires user profile information in order to provide its services, and retains such information for as long you maintain your iFoodie account.
iFoodie retains certain information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, for a minimum of 7 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. Once such information is no longer necessary to provide iFoodie services, enable customer support, enhance the user experience or other operational purposes, iFoodie takes steps to prevent access to or use of such information for any purpose other than compliance with these requirements or for purposes of safety, security and fraud prevention and detection.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through the email to SUPPORT@IFOODIEAPP.COM or via iFoodie app, by pressing PAUSE.
iFoodie may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, if iFoodie shuts down a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, iFoodie may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new iFoodie account in the future.
Special Information For EU Users
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
This section summarizes iFoodie grounds for processing personal information under the GDPR, and the rights of EU users as relates to iFoodie handling of personal information.
Beginning May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data of users in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). This section provides information as relates to EU users’ rights, and iFoodie responsibilities, under this regulation.
1. EU User Rights
If you are an iFoodie user in the EU, you have the following rights with respect to iFoodie handling of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please see below or submit your request here.
Users outside the EU may also request explanation, correction, deletion or copies of their personal data here.
- a. Explanation and copies of your data
- You have the right to request an explanation of the information that iFoodie has about you and how iFoodie uses that information.
- You also have the right to receive a copy of the information that iFoodie collects about you if collected on the basis of consent or because iFoodie requires the information to provide the services that you request.
- b. Correction
- If iFoodie has information about you that you believe is inaccurate, you have the right to request correction of your information.
- c. Deletion
- Users may request deletion of their accounts at any time. Users may requests deletion through the SUPPORT@IFOODIEAPP.COM.
- d. Objections and complaints
- Users in the EU have the right to object to iFoodie processing of personal data, including for marketing purposes based on profiling and/or automated decision making. iFoodie may continue to process your information notwithstanding the objection to the extent permitted under GDPR.
- Users in the EU also have the
right to file a complaint relating to iFoodie handling of your personal
information with the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, the Dutch Data Protection
Authority. Their contact information is as follows:
2509 AJ DEN HAAG
(+31) – (0)70 – 888 85 00
- You may also submit questions, comments or complaints to iFoodie Data Protection Officer.
- 2. Grounds for Processing
The GDPR requires that companies processing the personal data of EU users do so on the basis of specific legal grounds. As described below, iFoodie processes the information of EU users based on one or more of the grounds specified under the GDPR:
- a. The processing is necessary to provide the services and
features you request
- iFoodie must collect and use
certain information in order to provide its services. This includes:
- User profile information that is necessary to establish and maintain your account, including to verify your identity; enable communications with you about your eatery, orders and accounts; and to enable you to make payments or receive earnings.
- Transaction information, which is necessary to generate and maintain in connection with your use of iFoodie services.
- Usage information, which is necessary to maintain, optimize and enhance iFoodie services, including to determine, sometimes in combination with other information and incentives.
- Collection and use of this information is a requirement for using iFoodie apps.
- iFoodie must collect and use certain information in order to provide its services. This includes:
- b. The processing is necessary to protect the vital interests
of our users or of others
- iFoodie may process personal information, including disclosing data with law enforcement authorities in case of threats to the safety of users or of others.
- c. The processing is necessary for iFoodie legitimate
- iFoodie collects and uses
personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This
includes collecting and using information:
- To maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security. For example, we collect background check information (where permitted by law) to prevent unsafe users from providing services through our apps. We also use personal information to prevent use of our services by users who have engaged in inappropriate or dangerous behavior, such as by retaining information of banned users to prevent their use of iFoodie app.
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services. For example, iFoodie uses user profile, location, device and usage information, to identify and prevent circumstances when users attempt to defraud iFoodie or other users.
- To inform law enforcement officials regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety.
- To provide customer support.
- To enforce iFoodie Terms of Service.
- iFoodie collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for its legitimate interests. This includes collecting and using information:
- d. The processing is necessary for the legitimate interests
of other persons or parties
- iFoodie collects and uses personal information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims, to protect the rights and safety of others.
- iFoodie may also process personal information when necessary in regards to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
- e. The processing is necessary to fulfill iFoodie legal
- iFoodie is subject to legal requirements in the jurisdictions in which it operates that require us to collect, process, disclose and retain your personal data. For example, iFoodieis subject to laws and regulations in many cities and countries that require it to collect and retain information about your customers, to retain such information for extended periods of time, and to provide copies of such information to governmental or other authorities. iFoodie uses your information to comply with such laws to the extent they apply to your use of the iFoodie app.
- iFoodie may also share information with law enforcement, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
- f. Consent
- iFoodie may collect and use your information on the basis of your consent. You may revoke your consent at any time. If you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
- iFoodie relies on consent in
connection with data collections or uses that are necessary to enhance the user
experience, to enable optional services or features, or to communicate with
you. If you are an EU user, the following types of data collections or uses are
done on the basis of your consent.
- Location Information.
- Share Live Location.
- Accessibility features
- Please see the Choice & Transparency section below for further information about these data collections and uses, how to opt in or out of them, and the effect of opting out of these on your use of iFoodie app.
Choice And Transparency
iFoodie provides means for you to see and control the information that iFoodie collects, including through:
- in-app privacy settings
- device permissions
- marketing opt-outs
You may also request that iFoodie provide you with explanation, copies or correction of your data.
A. PRIVACY SETTINGS
- Location Information
- iFoodie uses eateries location services to make it easier to get a safe, reliable address whenever you need one. Location data helps improve our services, including navigation, and customer support.
- Share Live Location
- You may use the iFoodie app if you have not enabled location sharing, but it may be more difficult for customers to locate you.
- Notifications: Discounts and News
- You may enable iFoodie to send you push notifications about discounts and news from iFoodie.
B. DEVICE PERMISSIONS
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the iFoodie app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the iFoodie app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
C. RATINGS LOOK-UP
After every redemption, customers are able to rate each other, as well as give feedback on how the eatery performed. This two-way system holds everyone accountable for their behavior. Accountability helps create a respectful, safe environment for both parties.
D. EXPLANATIONS, COPIES AND CORRECTION
You may request that iFoodie:
- Provide a detailed explanation regarding the information iFoodie has collected about you and how it uses that information.
- Receive a copy of the information iFoodie has collected about you HERE.
- Request correction of any
inaccurate information that iFoodie has about you.
You can make these requests by contacting iFoodie here.
You can also edit the name and phone number associated with your account through the Edit Eatery section in Eatery Management Panel. You can also look up your redemption history in the Eatery Management Panel.
E. MARKETING OPT-OUTS
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from iFoodie here. Please note that if you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as receipts for your redemptions about your account.
Updates To This Policy
We may occasionally update this policy.
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the email. To the extent permitted under applicable law, by using our services after such notice, you consent to our updates to this policy.
We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices. We will also make prior versions of our privacy policies available for review.
When you use iFoodie, you trust us with your information. We are committed to keeping that trust. That starts with helping you understand our privacy practices. iFoodie holds the right to delete your account. In case, of FALSE ADVERTISING or ABUSE OF THE PLATFORM.